Friday, September 9, 2016

Be a Pineapple

There are only two people in this world who could convince me to wear a tiara and pretend to be a princess, and since they live in Canada, the chances of you ever seeing me in full-blown princess persona are slim to none. Never in my entire life did I want to dress up like a princess ... never ever. Not even when I was a kid and Halloween rolled around and all the other girls were decked out in their Cinderella or Snow White costumes. No amount of peer pressure in the universe could convince me back then to don a crown or tutu or satiny gown ... no way, no how. But all Coraline and Amelie have to do is look at me and say, "Ghee, will you play princess with us?" and I'll not only connect with my inner princess, I'll willingly do it as fast as I possibly can with an abundant amount of glee. I know those of you who are grandparents will completely get it when I say I'd do just about anything those two sweet little girls asked me to do. Except touch a snake ... even super-devoted Ghees have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm not gonna lie, friends, it's been a long week on many fronts, and by the time I got home this evening, I felt very much like I'd been run over by truck ... over and over and over again. I was so wiped out that I seriously considered going to bed at 7:30, but even having that thought cross through my mind made me feel like I was a hundred years old so I forced myself to stay up. And now it's storming, so you know I'm not about to go to bed until it stops ... geez ... I should have gone to bed at 7:30 even if it did make me feel like an old woman. In my attempt to power through the overwhelming urge to take my faithful wiener dog and crawl into bed before it was even dark outside, I decided to read through some of your emails. It always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I randomly open an email and discover that it contains exactly the message I need to read, and that's exactly what happened tonight. And since I still feel like I've been run over by a truck and 9:30 seems a much more youthful bedtime, and my favorite weatherman says it's just thunder and lightning and heavy rain and no tornadoes, I think I'll close by sharing that exactly the message I needed to read email and the image attached to it and call it a night. Sleep well, friends, and take care of each other.

"Terrie, I know from reading your posts that you have a good heart and a kind soul. Don't let the people who don't have a good heart bring you down. Unfortunately there are some people in the world who are mean and cruel and hurtful. But you, Terrie, you are a pineapple and don't you forget it."





No comments: