Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mother and Son

My son Brad is a second-year film student at The University of Kansas, and he truly loves making films. I should have known years ago when he would spend hours making up stories and adventures that he would someday parlay his storytelling talent into creating films. There is no doubt in my mind that he will make his mark in the world by sharing the gift that God has blessed him with.

His most recent project is a video promo for my book that he has posted on YouTube and GodTube. It took some serious persuading from Brad to get me to step out of my comfort zone and into the realm of the World Wide Web. It began in April with a website dedicated to my speaking ministry, something Brad assures me I should have done years ago. Then came joining several online speakers' bureaus, and having my book on Amazon.com. And now, my talented and visionary son has convinced me to allow him to use his talent to create the book video promo and post it for all the world to see. Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks!

To say that I'm proud of Brad would be an understatement, but not because of his vision in the films that he produces. I'm proud of Brad for the man that he is becoming, for the love he gives so freely to me, for his kind and caring heart, and for his selfless generosity to others. I look forward with great anticipation as to how God's plan for Brad's life will play out in the future.

If you're so inclined, you should check out the video. Just go to YouTube.com or GodTube.com, and search for Lord, Help! Here Comes Mom! Trust me on this one ... it's well worth the five minutes it takes to view it.

And Brad ... I have a feeling that your little Granny would be real proud of you, too!

No comments: