Thursday, January 7, 2016

Everybody Poops

Lest you think I'm about to plagiarize the popular children's book by Taro Gomi, which by the way is actually titled "Everyone Poops," I can assure you I am not. First, I would never steal the words of another writer and second, this post is not really about poop at all. Well, maybe it's a little bit about poop, but not as much as the "Everyone Poops" book ... that whole stinking book is about poop ... pun totally intended by the way.

When my daughter-in-law told me I wouldn't believe how much food my littlest granddaughter consumes on a daily basis, I must admit that I thought she was probably exaggerating a bit. But then I spent the last week and a half in Canada ... trust me, my daughter-in-law was not exaggerating in the least. Yep, my littlest grandgal can pack in some food for sure, and she's pretty willing to try just about anything. I looked on in awe as she ate a ton of Thai curry cashews at a party one night, and I saw her down an entire container of blueberries, or "Bees" as she calls them, on more than one occasion. Maybe she's making up for lost time ... sweet little Amelie had more than her share of tummy troubles during the first few months of her life. 

Though it goes without saying, I'm going to say it anyway ... of course I am ... what goes in must come out, and if a lot goes in, then there's a lot that has to come out. I have a whole new level of respect for my son and daughter-in-law when it comes to diaper changing ... suffice it to say that they change a crapload of poopy diapers, and I do mean crapload. It's hard to believe that adorable little girl can poop so many times in one day, but again, what goes in must come out and there's a lot of food going into that tiny body.

I'm sure you're wondering why in the world I would write a post about how often my youngest granddaughter poops, so please allow me to explain. I always try to help out with the girls when I'm in Canada, and part of that helping out means changes at least a few diapers. It was a couple of days before I left when I was changing an extra stinky poopy diaper that a thought popped into my mind ... a thought that I think is worth sharing.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the poop in our lives could be gotten rid of as easily as changing a baby's diaper? The fact is that everybody poops ... the problem is that some people poop way more than others. They poop so much anger or hatred or jealousy or judgment or dishonesty or, or, or ... with no thought or concern as to how their mountains of crap may affect those around them. But you know what? Eventually, and probably sooner than they expect, the stench of their crap will give them away. See here's the thing ... it didn't take long at all for everyone in the house to know that my precious grandgal had poop in her diaper. Even if we asked her if she had pooped and she said no, we all knew she had because we could smell it. The terrible smell wafting from her diaper told the truth every single time.

Go ahead, friends ... think on it for a while. And be sure to wash your hands after you use the restroom ... cleanliness is next to godliness, you know ... think on that one, too ... mull that one over for a good long time.

Everybody poops ... they most certainly do.


No comments: