Sunday, March 16, 2014

Almost Perfect

I'll admit it right up front ... last week was less than stellar for me on several fronts. While I'm not going to elaborate on all the things that contributed to making it not one of my better weeks, I do want to say one thing. It's never easy to apologize and ask for forgiveness when I do or say something I shouldn't ... it's never easy, but it's always the right thing to do. And at the end of the day, doing what's right is way more important than doing what's easy. Though I hate to admit it, I'm far from perfect, and I'm completely certain that yesterday wasn't the last day in my life that I'll be saying, "I'm sorry. Will you please forgive me?" Perhaps because I know that truth ... that I'm far from perfect ... perhaps that's why I was given this afternoon.

This morning, I actually was able to sleep in for a while ... that's something that doesn't happen very often because Julie and Ollie usually wake me up around 6:30. By the time we actually woke up and got out of bed, it was almost 8:30. After breakfast, I went to the doctor and then came home and worked for several hours on a big project I brought home that's due on Monday. I decided after lunch that I needed a break from editing, so I went shopping ... yes, shopping ... for some clothes for my granddaughter and the new little one who's due to arrive in July. Since they live in Canada, they need way more winter apparel than summer so I went straight to the clearance racks and found several adorable items. As much as I detest shopping, I sure do enjoy buying things for my grandbabies ... amazing, simply amazing.

It was a beautiful day today ... it's supposed to snow in the morning, by the way ... so after I got home from shopping, I threw the ball for Julie for a while and then headed out for a walk with Ollie. Though it was windy ... it's always windy in Kansas ... it was warm, and the sun felt good on my face as I walked. Ollie and I walked for a little over an hour ... he was one tired wiener by the time we got home. We had just walked in the door when my phone rang ... it was C.J. wanting to Skype, and I spent the next hour talking and reading and playing with her.

Here's the thing, friends ... last week was lousy, there's no disputing that at all ... but this afternoon was almost perfect. That's the way life is, you know ... sometimes it's cruddy and you find yourself wondering how you're going to make it through another day. But then you get an afternoon like today ... an almost perfect afternoon ... and you know it's worth every step it took to get you there. Almost perfect? Well ... tonight ... tonight, that's more than enough for me.

No comments: