Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Take

So many of you have asked for my take on the questions I posted last night that I thought I'd go ahead and respond this morning. I may have another post tonight, or I may not. Or I may. Or I may not. If I do, I apologize in advance for two posts in one day. Now, on to the questions from last night. But first, let me say that my answers are merely guesses on my part, hence the reason my questions are FAQs ... if I knew the answers for sure, I suppose I wouldn't keep asking the questions so frequently.

1) God must really like the color green because He chose to use it for the grass, leaves, shrubbery, frogs, lily pads, and even some fish. It's not my favorite color, but God didn't consult with me before creation (and that's a really good thing, because I'm quite certain I would have completely messed everything up, including choosing colors for things). As to the blue sky, I think He chose the beautiful blue because it matches my eyes (and those of my kiddos and my gorgeous granddaughter).

2) This question is one I have asked for many years, and I am certain I will never know the answer. My dad was one of the finest men on earth with a genuinely loving, caring, giving, forgiving heart ... a heart that loved God completely and sacrificially. Daddy suffered so much in the last 10 years of his life; the combination of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases ravaged not only his mind but his body as well. I didn't understand why Daddy had to endure what he did, nor do I understand why others like him must suffer incredible physical or emotional pain. Only God knows the answer to this one.

3) "Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice." Psalm 55:17

4) Talk about a heavy question, a question that has been debated in the church down through the ages, and a question that none of us will know the true answer to this side of heaven. My mind tells me that sin is sin in God's eyes, and that there are no levels of "bad, badder, baddest" with Him. But my heart has a hard time comprehending that, perhaps because I know my own heart and what lies within it at times, and perhaps because of the way we often judge one another as Christians. I know you know what I mean ... we judge ourselves and we judge one another based on how "bad" our sin is. I'm glad that God is the ultimate judge and has the ultimate say on me and everyone else, too. 

5) It's hard for me to believe because I am human and I am flawed and I am weak.

a) "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

b) "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb." Psalm 139:13

c) "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever." Psalm 52:8

6) I sure hope so.

7) I sure hope so.

8) I would if I were Him.

9) I can't even begin to imagine what God looks like. Except that I'm sure He looks like love. And if He eats ice cream, His favorite must be vanilla with caramel syrup. Lots and lots and lots of caramel syrup. And whipped cream. And cherries. And sliced almonds. And a little hot fudge for good measure.

10) Please, God ... please forgive me again. And again. And again.

No comments: