Sunday, December 2, 2012

Party On Dudes

OK, OK, OK. Yes, I went to the office party Friday night. Yes, I had a great time. Yes, I looked quite snazzy in my black tuxedo pants, red silky shirt, cream and black blazer, black suspenders, black skinny tie and black shiny shoes. Yes to all of those things. But the biggest part of the evening was the love I felt from my co-workers the minute I walked into the room. They hugged me and told me how happy they were I came. They hugged me a lot throughout the evening actually. They told me over and over and over again how much they loved seeing me have a good time. They told me how good it made them feel to see me smile. They told me they loved me ... a lot.

For as nervous as I was about going to the party (to the point of feeling like I was going to puke in the parking lot when I got there), there's only one way to describe how I felt once I was inside with my friends ... it was like coming home ... it was like being with family. Because that's what we are ... we're family. 

Thanks for letting me be part of our SHS family, guys ... you'll never know how very much you all mean to me. 

Suspenders and shiny shoes. Nuff said!!!

  

No comments: