Sunday, June 8, 2014

Then Someone Comes Along ...

While I could say I haven't posted for the last few days because it was a crazy week, that would only be partially true. It was a busy, busy, busy week at work and things were happening at breakneck speed with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign for the documentary ... but that's not the real reason you haven't heard from me. If you read my previous post ... well ... suffice it to say that sometimes I just have to crawl into my cave for a few days after I get a bunch of not so nice messages. That's why I haven't written for a while ... I needed to take a break, nurse my wounded spirit and sort through the thoughts pulsing inside my brain and the emotions tumbling within my heart. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to venture out from the safety of my cave just yet ... but ... if I haven't learned anything over the last couple of years, I've learned there are times when I have to just suck it up, put on my big-girl shorts and be brave. Even if I get hurt. Even if I'm terrified. Even if people hate me. Even if I fail.

I'm always a bit skiddish about writing after I've been hammered with hate, afraid that I'll say something that will bring about another torrential downpour of criticism and negativity. And today, I have to admit that on a scale of 1 to 10 in the skiddish department, I'm at ... oh ... a 27 or so. I've got a bunch of things swirling around in my heart and my head that I'll probably write during the next few days, but for today, I'd just like to say thank you to those of you who stand by me, with me, behind me, beside me and around me. Each one of you holds such a dear and special place in my heart ... you make me a better person every single day, and I'm so incredibly humbled and honored to share the journey of life with you. 

I've been thinking all day about how best to close this post, and I finally decided to share a quote sent to me last week by a dear friend. The words overflow with depth and meaning, and I weep each time I read them. Think ... just think, friends ... of what the world could be if we all watched over one another ... if we all watched over one another and nudged one another and awakened one another and wanted the very best for one another. Think, friends ... just think of the people we could be ... thinks, friends ... just think of the change that could come.

"Like the fellow life adventurer I am, as if watching over a sleeping compatriot who's about to miss breakfast, I'm going to nudge you a bit and gently shake your shoulder to help you awaken and see that something incredible is going on. Something absolutely wondrous. And that you are at the center of it all."

No comments: