Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Little Apple

I've never been to New York City ... the Big Apple ... and I'm not so sure I ever want to go either. I have, however, made many trips to Manhattan, Kansas ... known here in the Midwest as the Little Apple (they actually have a big New Year's Eve celebration each year and have been featured on television on the big night). Since Matt moved there to attend Manhattan Christian College nine years ago, I've made the two-hour drive more times than I can remember. I'm leaving in a few minutes to make the drive one more time so that I can spend the day loving on my sweet granddaughter C.J. before she becomes an official Canadian. I'm quite sure that this day will be a bittersweet one for me for sure, but I fully intend to soak in every moment and kiss C.J.'s fat little baby cheeks a ton before I make the two-hour drive home tonight.

So have a good weekend, friends ... I pray that you all get to spend some time with those you love ... I pray that you savor every moment ... I pray God's blessings for each of you as you go through your day.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

No comments: