Monday, October 8, 2012

Sometimes ...

Sometimes I look at the lights in the sky and think about how black the night would be without the moon and stars. Sometimes I gaze at the twinkle in a child's eye and think about how dark life would be without children. Sometimes I lie under a towering tree and think about how brown the world would be without leaves. Sometimes I sit next to a steadfast friend and think about how gloomy the days would be without compassion. Sometimes I stand by a rushing creek and think about how murky the path would be without water. Sometimes I embrace someone and think about how dim the heart would be without hugs. Sometimes I take a chance with those who love me ... those who love me unconditionally, those who stay, those who return, those who understand, those who refuse to let me go ... and think about how deep the darkness would truly be without them.

Sometimes I fall on my knees and cry a million tears ... and think about ... grace. Sometimes I think about forgiveness. Sometimes I think about mercy. Sometimes I think about how far the Father's love can extend. Sometimes I think about how deeply His love can reach. Sometimes I think about how much His love can overcome. Sometimes I think about life. Sometimes I think about death. Sometimes I think about God ... sometimes I think about God ... sometimes I think about God ... sometimes I think about God.

Sometimes ... sometimes ... I think about grace.


1 comment:

Diana said...

I think of all of these thing too. You put it into words much better than I would though. Sometimes I think about how beautifully some people like you, write.
Love Di ♥