Friday, June 25, 2010

Bring It, Bradley, Bring It

All three of my children are competitive, in a big way, and they each love to win at whatever game they are playing. I well remember some pretty heated competitions when they were young, both between themselves and when they played organized sports. Of the three of them, there is no doubt that Bradley is over the top when it comes to wanting to win and loving to banter. 

So today, my sweet son issued me a challenge ... with such intensity that it reminded me of a double dog dare type of challenge from when he was a little boy. Brad is very verbal, and his dare was penned over several paragraphs filled with eloquent language. I couldn't help but smile as I read his argument and defense, and found myself thinking (as I have often done concerning him down through the years) first - that Brad would make an incredible attorney, and second - that he is so very much my son.

I'm not going to share the exact nature of Brad's challenge, but suffice it to say that if you are a regular reader of this blog, you should be able to figure it out over the next few days through my posts. In fact, just to make it a little more interesting, the first 5 people to guess what Brad's challenge to me is will win a copy of my book, Lord, Help! Here Comes Mom! You can email me at terriejohnson401@hotmail.com if you want to make a guess. 

It's on, Bradley, so feel free to bring it with all you've got. But I think we need to sweeten the pot a little and put some money, or food, on the table. I propose that the one of us who wins takes the other out for ... oh, say a steak dinner at Outback. And, Birdly ... may the best mom win! 

P.S. Missy ... you'll need to keep him honest on this ... how's that for your promised hello in my blog?

2 comments:

allie :^) said...

oh i wanna win a book! but i have no idea what this challenge might be. hope you drop some BIG hints. :)

Michelle said...

First, I enjoyed listening to you live and in person at OCC Thursday. For me, it was a verbal blog and now when I actually read your blog I kinda have your voice in my head. Hope that doesn't sound creepy since it was meant as a compliment.

As for Brad's challenge, I think it is brilliant. During and after, years after, my mom's cancer diagnosis it was the center of every conversation we ever had. Not weather, friends, family, or grandkids, nope it was always cancer and the savage effects radiation and chemo had left behind. Although I was concerned for her health and well-being, I truly missed my mom during those years even though she was right in front of me.

Good luck with your challenge. I hope it is transforming for you. And enjoy that free steak! :)