Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just Wondering

Tonight I think I'll change the way I normally post ... I read a status update on Facebook that made me wonder how my readers would answer the question that was posed there. So instead of me writing something, I'm simply going to ask the question of you. I'd love it if you would post your answers as comments to my blog, but I also know from past experience that most of you will choose to email or private message me. It would be cool, though, if you would share your answers with everyone instead of just with me. I know for a fact that many of you are much better writers than I am, and I'm sure that your answers would touch all of the folks who read this blog. And then maybe tomorrow night, I'll share my own answer with all of you.

So here's the question: If you knew that tomorrow was the last day of your life, how would you live it out?

Answer away, dudes and dudettes ... answer away.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would gather all the people that I love the most around me, have a great last supper and tell them each individually how they touched my life and how much I loved them. I would then sit and hopefully wait for the most awesome God to come for me and it would be like waiting for Christmas morning, I would be so excited, I couldn't sleep.

Pat said...

My day would be spent being with my husband and those family and friends who I love most. It would focus on making sure they know Jesus Christ as their saviour and know without a shadow of a doubt where they will spend eternity. Nothing could be more important than presenting the Gospel with my last breath. What a gift from God that would be! And, with humility, I would ask for forgiveness to assure that I left this world with no feelings of anger or resentment. All of those with me would join in prayer, praise, and thanksgiving to a miraculously loving God.

Anonymous said...

If this happened now, before I had a chance to see my daughter grown, I would not be at all excited. Sadly enough, I realize that I would be horribly depressed, would not cherish the time left & most likely would be questioning God, be very angry at God for "allowing" this to happen to me. I am a strong believer, believing He is capable of anything, so why not heal or fix whatever is taking me?
If I were an old lady at the end of a full life, I would be sad to see my life end but ready to get to heaven.