Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chipmunk Cheeks

I'm tired. Tired. Tired. Tired. Physically exhausted. Mentally drained. Emotionally spent. Tired. Tired. Tired. Short post tonight. Just talked to my daughter-in-law. Doctor's appointment for her and Baby J this evening. The baby who is fat and happy inside her mom's belly and doesn't want to be born. The baby who is a week overdue today. The baby who was sucking her thumb on the ultrasound. The baby who now weighs almost nine pounds according to the measurements the ultrasound tech made. The doctor said they will induce next Tuesday. Becca emailed me one of the ultrasound pictures. Baby J has chipmunk cheeks. Fat little chipmunk cheeks.

I'm overwhelmed with the idea of being a grandmother ... I'm anxious to see her ... I'm afraid I'll sob when I do ... there are words I want to whisper in her little ears and hope that they somehow lodge in her precious heart so that she remembers when I first held her in my arms. Geez, friends ... she's almost here ... the waiting is almost over ... she's got fat little chipmunk cheeks and she's almost here. Baby J is almost here.

1 comment:

allie :^) said...

tuesday?!? and almost 9 lbs? wish they wouldn't make her wait so long.

hang on my weary friend...the day is almost here. :)