Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Promise

Those two little words have gotten me into some tight spots down through the years ... I promise. They have also rescued me from some tight spots down through the years ... I promise. Funny how that works ... promises can make things uncomfortable, and promises can make things real and right. 

So here's the story ... I promise I will post a "real" blog within the next couple of days ... I promise. I've been swamped at work and have been bringing work home on the weekends and at night. I'm working on a post that God started churning in my heart last weekend, but tonight it's a stormy night (and you faithful readers know how very much I dislike storms, especially storms at night) so I'm going to bed. That's right, I'm going to pull the covers over me and the hound dogs and hope that I sleep right through the rain and wind and thunder and lightning. I'm beyond tired, so maybe, just maybe, my plan will work. I really, really, really don't like spring in Kansas ... I promise.

Sleep well, friends ... may God keep you safe and give you rest and peace, especially in the storms of life. 

No comments: