Saturday, May 3, 2014

What Really Happened

So I went to work for a while yesterday ... I actually lasted most of the day before I had to cave in and admit I wasn't feeling so great and that my finger felt like it was on fire. It didn't take long for the folks in my office who didn't know I was having surgery to begin asking me what happened and why my arm was in a sling. I am blessed to work with such caring people ... people who tied my Converse shoes for me, cleaned my glasses, tested my blood sugar, brought me water, cleaned the orange presurgical skin prep off my arm and gave my non-surgeried hand a couple of good scrubbings in the kitchen sink.

When a couple of the young guys asked why I had to have surgery, I told them the truth ... I had a bone spur and cyst removed. My young friends quickly reprimanded me as they said, "Oh,no, Terrie, you need a much better story than that ... you're way too good of a storyteller for something that boring. This is what you should tell everyone." I'm sure you'll agree with me that their suggestions as to what really happened to my finger are way ... ummm ... way more ... ummm ... way more interesting (and violent) than the real deal to say the least. Happy Saturday, friends ... I'm off to take some pain medication and snuggle in with my doggies for a nice long nap.


"You were arm wrestling this big dude, and you were losing. But just before he pinned you, you had a freakish burst of strength, fought back and were just an inch away from winning when your finger broke. No, wait ... you slammed the guy's arm down so hard that it broke and the bone popped out and stabbed you in the finger." --- B.D.

"You were attacked by a tiger ... except there aren't tigers in Kansas so no one would believe that. Oh, oh, I know! You were out walking your wiener dog and out of nowhere, a giant bobcat came charging toward your dog. You jumped in front of the ferocious beast to protect your sweet little dog, grabbed the cat around the throat and wrestled it to the ground but in the process, it ripped your finger apart with its razor-sharp teeth." --- T.C.









No comments: