Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's Me

Thanks to all of you who've written to ask how my surgery went yesterday. And a triple giant thank you to my daughter for taking me and dealing with my fear and nervousness.

Surgery went well, other than the cyst was wrapped around a tendon and required a bit more time to remove. My plan to be able to type with four fingers is off the table for at least a week because the surgeon put me in a sling ... wasn't exactly planning on that. But so many of you have written ... well ... suffice it to say I care enough about you all to be typing this with one hand.

I'm doing okay ... yes, it hurts, of course it flipping hurts ... but I've been taking pain meds and trying to stay ahead of the pain as much as I can. Right now, I'm planning to try to go to work tomorrow for at least part of the day ... we'll see how the night goes.

Take care ... hug a couple of people tomorrow and tell them how much they mean to you.

Really. Seriously. Hug.

No comments: