Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dog Poop

Maybe it's a Southern thing, but for as long as I can remember, there's been one particular expression that we use when we are sick. "I feel like dog poop." Which of course for me and my often unusual thinking mind begs two questions ... where in the world did that saying come from and why do we associate dog poop with feeling cruddy? It seems to me that a dog would feel better after it pooped ... I know, sometimes it scares me, too, as to where my brain heads at times.

At any rate, I feel like dog poop today ... actually, I've felt like dog poop for a couple of days, but today I caved in and went to the doctor (thank God for a doctor's office who is open for urgent care on the weekends). I've got ear infections and a yucky throat, an upset stomach and a pounding headache. So for those of you who email me if I don't blog for a few days ... no blog until I feel better. I'm snuggled on the couch with my hounds and some Life Water, wishing I could have a giant Sonic Reese's Blast and watching worthless and meaningless movies ... think Without a Paddle and Dumb and Dumber ... yep ... told you I feel like dog poop.

If you're in Kansas City, enjoy the beautiful evening ahead ... heck, wherever you are, enjoy the beautiful evening that God has blessed you with ... every day is a gift from our Father ... even days when you feel like dog poop.

No comments: