Friday, November 4, 2011

Branson Bound

Even though I live within a few hours of Branson, Missouri, I've been there one time in all the 21 years I've lived in Kansas City. And it's probably been 10 or more years since I made that trip along with my artist friend and her son Tommy and my son Matt. We traveled to Silver Dollar City to spend the day signing the poetry/art prints that Becky and I created together. The boys spent the day eating and riding the rides in the park, checking in with us every hour or so. It was a very fun trip ... it was in late October, and the weather was incredible that day. We met a ton of people as we signed prints, and the manager of the park treated us like rock stars ... we had a blast.

I'm heading back to Branson today to speak at a women's retreat for the weekend. The group of gals rented a lodge that resides on a 500-acre ranch ... sounds like my kind of place for sure. I'm looking forward to getting away for a couple of days ... to hanging out in the country, to listening to what God has to say, to jumping off the grind of daily life for a bit.

So ... have a good weekend, friends ... I'm quite sure that if I decide to come back to the real world, I'll return with some stories to share. You know me ... I hear stories on every corner, and I'm thinking there's a good chance I'll hear some in the woods over the next couple of days.

No comments: