Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks Giving

This morning, I ate breakfast ... and I thanked God for eggs, cream cheese, almond milk and sugar-free chocolate syrup. This morning, I took Ollie for a walk ... and I thanked God that the loose dog we ran into didn't bite us. This morning, Ollie and I saw three ducks in the creek ... and I thanked God that I could see the sharp green coloring on their heads. This morning, I swept out my garage ... and I thanked God that I have a place to park my car. This morning, I cleaned my house ... and I thanked God for the roof over my head (and my doggies' heads, too). This morning, I cooked turkey breast and butternut squash ... and I thanked God for an oven that works. This morning, I took a shower ... and I thanked God for hot water, soap and shampoo. This morning, I lit candles ... and I thanked God that I could smell them. This morning, I wrote some letters ... and I thanked God that I can put my thoughts on paper. This morning, I thought about my family in Tennessee as they would be gathering at Country Place to eat together ... and I thanked God for my extended family. This morning, I thought about my children scattered about with various friends and family ... and I thanked God that they are well-loved. This morning, I thought about the friends I've had down through the years ... and I thanked God for the way they have blessed me.

This morning, I thanked God for the gift of His Son ... this morning, I thanked God for His forgiveness ... this morning, I thanked God for His love ... this morning, I thanked God for being God.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends ... Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: