Thursday, April 22, 2010

Drink Deeply Part 2

A few weeks ago, I penned a post called "Drink Deeply" ... the result of a comment left by a friend on one of my Facebook posts concerning being in the desert in my walk of faith. That particular blog generated a great deal of commentary and interesting feedback as people shared their thoughts and opinions with me, some positive and some negative. The two words "drink deeply" obviously had a large impact on others just as they did on me.

I've alluded in my last couple of posts to an event last weekend that caused my doctor to suspend my solitary walking routine for a time, and over the last couple of days, I've received a multitude of emails and messages inquiring about the status of my health. Rather than try to answer them individually, I'd like to use this blog to assure each of you that I'm fine ... having a few bumps in the road, but I'm working through them and improving.

Over the last few days, the words "drink deeply"
have once again given me pause to consider their significance and meaning. This time, the words came from my doctor, as she was trying to impress upon me the seriousness of my state of dehydration and encourage me to drink more fluids. I'm sure my eyes popped when she spoke those two words that have grown to carry such meaning for me ... "Terrie, you have to drink often and drink deeply. There is no choice, no option, no other way. You must drink."

I don't believe that things just happen by chance; I believe there is a master plan orchestrated by the Master of all things.
I don't believe it is coincidence that during a time in my life when I am in a dry spot in my walk of faith, I am encouraged to stop at the oasis of God's love and forgiveness and drink deeply. I don't believe that "drink deeply" is an accidental choice of words from my doctor during a time of physical upheaval in my life, but rather a divine reminder that God meets my physical needs as well as my spiritual ones.

For those of you who have communicated your concern, love, support, encouragement and prayers ... thank you so very much. Your messages and emails mean a ton to me, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to send them along.

And for those of you who are thirsty ... drink deeply, my friends, drink deeply.






1 comment:

allie :^) said...

i love it when cool god things like that happen. i do not believe that EVERYTHING is part of a master plan. but i definitely think those two words spoken to you that particular afternoon were. :)DRINK UP baby! ;)