Friday, October 21, 2011

The Bears

So here's my short little blog for tonight because I'm sleepy ... I spent the evening with a sweet little 6-year-old girl while her mom and dad went on a date. She went for a walk with me and Ollie, and then played Frisbee with Julie. She ate a giant bowl of ice cream and 10 or 15 miniature Milky Ways, and drank almost a whole bottle of lemonade (nothing like filling a kid with sugar on a Friday night). We spent a couple of hours reading Berenstain Bears books that I have from when my kids were little and I would read to them. She would read a page and then I would read a page. We read the Hallow Wiener to Ollie, and she thought it was very funny to read a book to a dog.

It's been a good evening ... now I'm going to bed. And I'm pretty sure I'll dream about Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister Bear ... and that's OK with me. Little kids are the best ... the absolute best parts of God's handiwork. Good night, and sweet dreams.

No comments: