Monday, May 23, 2011

The Eye of the Storm

This isn't the blog that I originally intended to post today, but it is the blog that I feel led to post. Yesterday, the town of Joplin, Missouri, was devastated by a massive tornado as I'm sure most of you know by now. The photos on the news are unbelievable ... so many people who have lost everything ... homes, jobs, loved ones. I have friends who have family there ... some lost their homes but are safe, others are injured, and still others escaped with their part of town untouched and unscathed.

I wept as I watched the news today, as I'm sure many of you did. To those of you who read this blog who have friends and family in Joplin, please know that you are all in my prayers today. Please know that there are literally thousands of people praying for the people there. My church, along with many others, is collecting supplies to take to the people of Joplin. And all day, I've been wishing I could do more than donate supplies. And I suddenly realized that I can.

I've got two empty bedrooms in my house, and if any of you have friends or family in Joplin who need somewhere to stay, they are welcome to those rooms. I've got family coming for my daughter's wedding on Saturday, but after that, my house is open. Just comment on this blog or shoot me an email and let me know.

To others of you who read this blog around the world, lift the people of Joplin, Missouri, up in your prayers. And God bless those of you in Joplin ... those who live there, those who have family there, and those who are there helping with search and rescue.

No comments: