Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Wish ...

I wish I could reach through the computer and hold C.J. I wish it wasn't so cold outside. I wish there was a 48-hour Big Bang Theory marathon on television this weekend. I wish no one ever got sick. I wish I was tall. I wish I could be on The Ellen Show. I wish there was peace. I wish I could go fishing. I wish I had someone to play tennis with. I wish there was no hate. I wish I could hold C.J. and smell her sweet baby hair. I wish my Julie dog's hips didn't hurt. I wish people were always nice to each other. I wish I could eat a whole cheesecake. I wish no child ever went to bed hungry. I wish I never had to pump gas. I wish I could see the ocean. I wish I could go camping. I wish everyone loved God. I wish Ollie the wiener dog didn't snore. I wish I could sleep. I wish every person had a home to live in. I wish there was banana Jello. I wish I could hold C.J. in my lap and read a book to her. I wish there was no pain. I wish I could fly. I wish I was in Colorado. I really, really, really, really wish I could hold C.J. and tell her how much I love her.

Today at work, I counted the times I heard people say, "I wish ..." It made me think about how many times I say, "I wish ..." It made me think about what I wish for ... who I wish I was ... who I wish I wasn't ... what I wish would happen ... what I wish wouldn't. It made me think about all the wishes of all the people in the world. It made me wonder what God thinks about our wishes. It made me think that my biggest wish should be for Him. 

I wish ... I wish ... I wish ... 

No comments: