Friday, February 15, 2013

A Rhyme in Time

I love poetry, yes I do
So tonight that's how I'll write for you.
Tonight I think I'll rhyme away
To tell you what I want to say.

There are some things that I hold true
Some things I'd like to share with you.
These are the things that matter most
These things with which I'll fill this post.

I believe that God is love
And that He's not just up above.
I believe His love for me
Is deeper than the deepest sea.
He knows me from the inside out
I'm sure He knows what I'm about. 

I believe that kids are sweet
Their laughter is an awesome treat.
They are so precious in God's sight
Their love makes all the world seem bright. 
  
I love to see a person smile
Or to walk along my trail for miles.
To snuggle with my hounds at night
To watch the sun burst forth with light.

I believe the greatest things
Are those that cause my heart to sing.
Things that make my spirit lift
It's those that are life's biggest gift.
A gentle hug, a tender touch
Those are the things that mean so much.    

I believe that God's own Son
The battle over death has won.
He died for me and rose again
His love now covers all my sin.

Those are the things that I hold true
These things that I have shared with you.
Now may God bless you as we part
And may His love consume your heart.   
     

No comments: