Monday, February 18, 2013

She Just Goes Everywhere

I've got a stack of editing work that I had to bring home with me this evening, so tonight's post is going to be short and sweet. She is, you know ... short and sweet. My little C.J., that is ... short and oh, so very sweet. I just Skyped with her for 45 minutes, and I'm pretty sure she never stopped moving the entire time. Matt and Becca didn't either because they were chasing her as she went from room to room. She is walking like crazy now; in fact, she's almost running. The three of them just spent a few days in Banff, and Becca said several times while we were talking tonight that the hotel was perfect because Coraline was contained in one room ... made me laugh out loud. 

There are some times as a parent that just make you do that, you know ... laugh out loud. And I think that's especially true when you see your child parenting his own child. When I asked Matt how things are now that C.J. is on her feet motoring around the house, he offered up the best reply I've heard in a long time. Though he loves Coraline more than life itself, there was a tiredness in his voice as he said, "She just goes everywhere, Mom. All the time nonstop. She just goes everywhere."

I'm laughing as I type those words ... yes, yes, I am. Sleep well tonight, friends, and I promise I'll have a lengthier post tomorrow night. But I'm going to leave you with something to make you smile, too ... something short and oh, so very sweet!





 

No comments: