Monday, May 27, 2013

Almightily Speaking

I've probably watched more television in the last three days than I have in the last six months ... funny how much more TV I watch when I don't feel well. Although today, I'm finally feeling a bit better I think. Or perhaps I'm willing myself to feel better ... either way, I actually got off the couch today and cleaned my house, washed the mountain of dishes in the sink, bathed the dogs and did some laundry. My stomach isn't at all happy at the moment, but that seems to be the new normal for me now about an hour or so after I take my medicine. But I digress ... back to my television-watching marathon over the last few days. Last night, I shifted from watching movies about a superhero to watching movies about ... well ... I guess you could say the main character in the two movies I watched last night is the greatest superhero of all time ... God. Yep, I laid on my couch for four hours and watched two Almighty movies ... Bruce and Evan, to be specific. Now before you blast me ... of course I don't agree with the theology of the films ... of course I don't. But the flicks are quite entertaining, and for tonight's post, I'm going to use some words from the movies rather than my own. There are some wonderful lessons in them if you choose to pay attention. Hmmm ... if you choose to pay attention ... if you see the signs all around you ... if your ears are wide open. Wow.

"No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up." --- God

"God is a mean kid sitting on an anthill with a magnifying glass, and I'm the ant. He could fix my life in five minutes if He wanted to, but he'd rather burn off my feelers and watch me squirm." --- Bruce

"Triumph is born out of struggle, faith is the alchemist." --- God

"What if I need you? What if I have questions?" --- Bruce

"You have a gift for bringing joy and laughter to the world. I know, I created you." --- God

"You've had My powers for a week now and how many people have you helped?" --- God 

"Okay, You win. I'm done. Please, I don't wanna do this anymore. I don't wanna be God! I want You to decide what's right for me! I surrender to your will!" --- Bruce


"Do I know you?" --- Evan
"Not as much as I'd like." --- God 

"No. No. I believe you. But why me? --- Evan 
"You said you want to change the world. So do I." --- God

"What makes you think God chose you?" --- The reporter 
"He chose all of us." --- Evan

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does He give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does He give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does He give them opportunities to love each other?" --- God

Almightily speaking, friends ... I do believe the Almighty is speaking to me ... and perhaps to you as well.

No comments: