Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Incredibly Awesome Filled With Wisdom and Great Insight Before I Get on the Plane Tomorrow Post ... or ... I'm Shaking in My Socks Tonight and Terrified I'm Going to Puke on the Plane or Get Lost in the Airport Tomorrow Post

I've got a confession to make tonight ... hey, remember I officially declared 2013 my year of confessions, and there's not much of 2013 left so I need to get a few more in before I run out of year. So, here it is ... I had a beer with my dinner tonight. Yep, that's right, I drank a whole Mic Ultra with my hamburger patty, and I'm not one bit sorry about it either. If ever there's a night I deserve a beer, it's the night before I get on a plane by myself and go way high up in the sky for five plus hours. And here's a bonus confession for you ... I may very well have a light Canadian beer with my dinner tomorrow night, too, providing Matt and Becca have one at their house. And I won't be one bit sorry about that one either. Not one little bitty bit sorry. Nope, nope, nope, I won't. I'm getting on a plane by myself and going way high up in the sky tomorrow for gosh sake's. By myself ... on a plane ... way high up in the sky ... breathe, Terrie, breathe. Obviously, the second choice for the title for tonight's post is the more accurate between the two ... obviously. Oh, and by the way, lest anyone should think about breaking into my house while I'm gone, there are a couple of things you need to know. Julie is a big dog, and this is her house. Ollie can jump really high and bite things, and this is his house. Someone will be staying at Julie and Ollie's house while I'm away. A big guy who is very strong and has a mean left hook. I've got nothing worth stealing, unless of course you want my old leather couches with the shredded cushions or my 10-year-old television that skips channels and has a blurry screen.

For the last week or so, I've been mulling over what I should write for tonight's post ... not pondering or thinking about or considering ... I've been mulling ... and mulling ... and mulling some more. I didn't used to be such a deep thinker, or muller as the case may be, and sometimes, quite honestly, it's a bit annoying. There are times when I don't want to be a deep thinker ... times when I don't want to see the signs or the lessons or the truths that now seem to exist within everything I see, everything I read, everything I hear. But ... there are also times when I want to think more deeply, ponder more carefully, mull over more extensively ... times when I find myself waiting with breathless anticipation for the next sign and the next lesson and the next truth to reveal themselves. And for all my last week's mulling over about what I should write for tonight's post, you know what I discovered in the midst of all that mulling? I discovered that the signs and the lessons and the truths are there whether I'm looking for them or not ... they are there, and it's just a matter of time before I am forced to choose to see them for what they are and embrace them, or to bury my head in the sand and pretend they don't exist.

So here's my incredibly awesome filled with wisdom and great insight before I get on the plane tomorrow part of tonight's post ... read the signs ... learn the lessons ... soak in the truths. Remember they are always there ... the signs ... the lessons ... the truths ... you simply have to pay attention along your journey. Think enough, but not too much ... say the words you need to say, and say them with all your strength. Love from the depths of your heart, and believe that you can make a difference. Because you can. Each one of us can. Mull that over for a while. 

P.S. If I puke on the plane, do I get those little plastic wings they give kids for being brave? And if I get lost in the airport and have to live there for a while, will someone give me free food and a place to sleep?


No comments: