Thursday, December 19, 2013

Slip Sliding Away

Just a quick post tonight because I'm tired ... did I really keep up with my three kids when they were almost two years old? Holy cow, she is busy, busy, busy all the time! And unbelievably smart, but more about that in another post. Actually, I'm not as much tired tonight as I am aching ... really, really, really aching. I slipped on the ice today when Becca, C.J. and I were on our way back from a jaunt to the bank and my favorite store of all time, Bulk Barn ... no, I'm serious ... coolest store ever. It has all these ginormous bins of food items ... candy, flour, sugar, cereal, oats, yogurt-covered raisins ... and when I was here in April, I discovered these incredible granola nut square thingies that are amazingly tasty, low carb/low sugar snacks. It was after we had loaded up on the granola nut squares for me, yogurt-covered raisins for C.J. and a couple of bags of candy for Matt and Becca that I crashed on the ice ... hard ... really, really, really hard. And tonight, I've got a huge, extremely painful tennis ball-sized knot on the top side of my leg ... and for those of you who are thinking that I probably broke my hip because I'm old, I'm pretty sure I didn't. In fact, after I smacked the ground I got up (with some help from Becca and the handlebar on C.J.'s stroller) and walked the rest of the way back to the house without much pain at all. Tonight, however, is a different story ... as C.J. said all evening, "Ghee ouchie." You bet, baby girl, Ghee is really, really, really ouchie tonight.

Tomorrow we're heading to the mountains for a few days, so feel free to pray that the swelling goes away and the pain subsides as I sleep the sleep that only comes after I've tossed back a couple of heavy-duty painkillers. I've got some great posts on the way for you, perhaps starting tomorrow night ... except that now my arm and shoulder are throbbing, too ... stupid, stupid ice. 

Good night ... sleep well, friends, and I'll be back soon. Now where did I put that ice pack???


No comments: