Thursday, December 15, 2011

No Words

I knew when I began volunteering at the nursing home that the time would come when some of those dear folks would pass away. Though I'm sure that some have gone since I've been helping out, none of the folks I've gotten to know have been among them. Until tonight. One of the dear ladies that I've helped a couple of times at Bingo and bowling passed away a little while before I arrived for Bingo. She was a sweet lady ... a lady who reminded me a lot of my mom. My friend who works there was crying when I left tonight ... you see, her job is so much more than a job to her, and the sweet residents there mean a lot to her. I had no words for her ... and I've got no words for my readers tonight. Though death is a part of life that will come to each of us, it hurts the heart in a big way.

Rest in peace, sweet lady ... rest in peace.

No comments: