Sunday, June 23, 2013

Break Time

It's always puzzled me that though I only have 14 listed followers on this blog, my posts garner a ton of views. So many that over the last couple of months, I've been approached by three different big blogging groups asking me to come into their fold of bloggers. I know that sounds like it could be a good thing, right? But the catch is that I have to sign my blog over to the group; in essence, I would no longer be the sole owner of The Tree House blog. I've said no to all of them and will continue to say no to any others that approach me. I don't care if those groups promise me a gazillion readers ... that's never been and never will be what my blog is about. I blog because it's therapeutic to me, and I hope that maybe the things I struggle with, the lessons I learn, the adventures of Ollie the rabbit killer, and all the other stuff I write about help some of you as much as it helps me to write about them. Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to a bunch of you who read my posts on a regular basis signing up to follow the blog ... I wouldn't be opposed to that at all, in fact.

Now that I've asked you to consider signing up to follow my crazy ramblings, I'm going to give you some time to think about it. I'm taking a break from posting for the next couple of days ... yes, I'm OK ... I need to spend a lot of time tomorrow and Tuesday evening freaking out about speaking at the conference on Wednesday ... ummm ... I mean preparing, preparing, preparing to speak on Wednesday. I promise I will post on Wednesday evening and fill you in on whether or not I faint or throw up ... it's a given that I'm going to get teary; good grief, I get teary watching a baseball game on television.

So ... have a great beginning to your week. Make a point of listening to someone who needs to talk ... go out of your way to care about someone who is lonely ... do whatever it takes to let the people you love know you love them ... be determined, passionate and driven to be kind to one another. Really ... seriously ... if we are kind to one another, listening, caring and loving happen easily and naturally. Really. Seriously. Just be kind.

No comments: