Friday, March 29, 2013

High Terrie



I’m on a freaking airplane. Up in the sky. High. Really, really, really high. In the air. And I’m feeling pretty darn relaxed from the medicine, too. And there’s a strong, handsome young man sitting next to me who hasn’t punched me in the face yet. I think that’s a good thing that he hasn’t punched me yet. And I think yet may be the key word there. I’m glad Brad is with me. I could have never done this by myself. Never. K. The plane was really smooth and now it’s bumpy. I don’t like that. I don’t like the bumpy part. Not even a little. Maybe I should take another one of those pills. Wait a minute, I’m going to ask Brad if I can have one. He says no more pills until we get to Minneapolis … is that how you spell Minneapolis? And where did that name come from anyway? Who would name that for a town? All towns should be named like Happyville or Town with a Happy Name or Clap Your Hands City. Those kind of sound like Dances with Wolves names to me though. I love that movie Dances With Wolves. Remember that movie? And the girl’s name was Stands With a Fist because she always stood with her hands clinched in a fist because she wanted to punch somebody in the face. Brad hasn’t punched me in the face yet. And I think that’s a good thing that he hasn’t punched me yet. This man in a tie with a cart thing with drinks on it just gave me some cookies. I don’t think he knows I have diabetes and shouldn’t probably eat the cookies. They smell good though and the lady across from me is eating her cookies. She has on the ugliest boots I’ve ever seen and they don’t match her shirt or her pants. Your shoes should always match your shirt or your pants. Especially Converse. I like Converse a lot. But I didn’t bring any to Canada because it’s way too cold there for Converse. I have on my new awesome suede wingtips with orange soles and orange laces. They are so cool and so like Ellen shoes. And I have on my brown suspenders and they didn’t make me take them off in security because the guy said I looked really cute in them. And then this lady in a uniform said she had to pat on my back and my arms because I have on suspenders. I should start a new paragraph because this one is long, isn’t it?


Brad’s asleep and the plane is tilting. I’m going to wake him up and asked him why it feels like we are leaning sideways. Is that what planes are supposed to do? Maybe it’s not the plane that’s leaning and it’s me. Maybe I’m leaning sideways. There’s not much room in these seats unless you pay a lot of money to sit in the front. Speaking of sitting in the front, when we got on the plane there was a soldier sitting in the back and they announced her name and had her come to the front and sit in the front row and we all clapped for her while she walked down the aisle thingy. She was wearing a cool uniform with green and brown spots on it and a hat. That was pretty cool to see everybody do that. My nephew Charlie is a soldier and he would like that. I would clap for him, too, if he was on the plane. I would clap for him anytime though. I liked that soldier girl’s hat. I like suspenders, too and I have on my brown ones today. With my new suede wingtip shoes and my plaid orange shirt and brown socks. No wait, they are tan because I just looked to see what color they are. The bumpy is gone for now and that’s good because I don’t like the bumpy part of the plane. Oh wait, there it comes again. I don’t like the bumpy part even a little. Planes shouldn’t bump, you know. They should be not bumpy. My ears are plugged but they haven’t exploded yet. I think that’s probably a good thing that they haven’t. I’m not sure about my kidneys or my colon or my heart because I don’t think I would feel it right away if they exploded. And there may be like a delayed reaction or something because I’m on a plane in the air. Something to do with cabin pressure and crap like that. My ears are popping like crazy though but they aren’t hurting. And I think that’s probably a good thing.


This medicine isn’t making me sleeping but it does make me feel pretty good. Kind of like I’m floating in the air or maybe that’s because I’m in the air on a plane. Some of my friends texted me this morning to tell me that the plane was going to be all good. At least it’s not bumping right now, but some man on the speaker just said that we’re descending to Minneapolis. I don’t like that feeling. Not one bit. Oh no I don’t. I don’t like that at all. My stomach feels like it used to on a roller coaster and I don’t like roller coasters. Not one bit. I don’t like this feeling.


I have to turn off my computer now. Holy crap, I don’t like this feeling at all. Not one bit. Love you guys, every single one of you. Oh, I so don’t like this. If I live through this, I’ll blog on the next plane. Oh I really don’t like this at all. 

On the ground, and I would like to stay here. But instead now I'm getting on a little plane and going to Canada.

There's a baby at the end of the plane. Just breathe. And take another pill. 

No comments: