Friday, March 8, 2013

The Power of Three

All day, I've been thinking about statements ... statements with three words, to be exact. And all day, I've been thinking about the power some of those three-word statements possess. Life-affirming power ... life-altering power ... life-saving power ... life-destroying power. And this evening as I was driving home from work, I decided I should let you feel (hopefully) what I felt today as my mind pulsed with statements made up of three words. Read them. Feel them. Absorb them. And then, think about the power of the spoken word ... the power of believing what you say ... the power of believing what another person is saying to you ... the power of truly hearing rather than merely listening. Even ... or maybe especially ... when the statements are only three words.
 
"I love you."

 "I am lonely."

"Love thy neighbor."

"You are beautiful."

"Pay it forward."

"I am hungry."

"God loves you."

"God loves me."
 
"Never give up."

"Tell the truth."

"I am ugly."

"You are loved."

"Smile at me."

"I need you."

"Get out now."

"No more fighting."

"I am smart."

"I am stupid."

 "Please keep living."

"You are awesome."

"I hate you."

"Be my friend."

"Stop hurting me."

"I am sick."

"Love conquers all."

"You disgust me."

"I am homeless."

 "Just be you."

"Someone hates me."

"Someone loves me."

"Someone saved me." 

"Ears wide open."
 
"I am free."     



 

                    

No comments: